Wednesday, September 20, 2006

If someone stole my Ipod....

....they would never be able to figure out that I was a black chick. But then again with music blurring the lines these days I think everyone's Ipod is coolly eclectic. So to my people wondering what the hell fuels such a demented mind, this is what I'm listening to currently: Justin Timberlake's new CD is pretty good. John Mayer's CD is hot, like I have yet to take it out the TT. Corinne Bailey Rae is a great CD The Pussy Cat Dolls (honestly is terrible except for two songs), but I'm listening to them too. Nickelback , Tchaichozky ( i know its misspelled, Phil. Can it) and Linkin Park - especially when i'm in a hohum mood. Which brings me to this point. My playlist has officially got my Black Card revoked. Maybe i would listen to more black artists if they put out some music worth a damn. All the people listed above , I bought their CDs. Umm for the one hit wonders I stumble upon lookin at VH1 in the AM I'm downloading your shit for sure. AKA Pharrell and Kanye. I love that song, " #1 smash hit", But do i plan on dropping 15.95 for it or downloading it from a site that I can't burn it to a CD? Oh hell no. I highly suggest you all put together six more relevant songs and I MAY buy your CD. I swear the record industry is daft on this one. I mean seriously I have 1000 CDs that I bought prior to downloading Napster that I only listen to 1 song on it. I think that covers my lifetime of contributing to the pockets of record execs that KNOW they are putting out steam shit for the masses. Remember Black Rob, Whoa? The rest of that CD made me miscarry a child, or how about Barenaked Ladies? Shenanigans people. Don't feel bad about downloading a song or two. You've eaned the right over the years, trust me. But if a great artist comes out with some fire, I highly suggest you support their efforts. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home